My big adventure starts tomorrow. My nervousness has slowly faded away, but I'm sure it will pick up as I'm landing in Kingston. I'm not afraid about being abroad or about my project; I think that nervousness is a natural feeling when going into the unknown. I'm confident I will love it.
As I was riding from South Bend to Chicago, I started reading The Blue Sweater. I thought it would be good inspiration prior to my Jamaican experience. As I was reading the first 50 pages I started to wonder about what I do I bring to the table to improve the lives of the people in Jamaica. Having the business skills is not enough, I think there are personal attributes (like a source of inspiration) that would benefit the people at the JYBT. After a little self-examination I concluded that my positive outlook and my can-do attitude could be infectious. I hope it is.
On a side note, today I learned a word in Swahili. The word is "Duterimbere". It means "go forward with enthusiasm" seems appropriate for tomorrow's journey :)

No comments:
Post a Comment